History of Company at Location Neunkirchen/Saar

July 1974

Founding of ITT GRINNELL GMBH in Neunkirchen-Wellesweiler with approx. 50 employees in the industrial zone Ochsenwald by ITT GRINNELL Corporation, Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A. (Hanger Division).
The new branch facilities on the Saar River were intended to provide a second leg for the rapidly developing European market to support the facilities in the USA.
(ITT GRINNELL Corporation, founded in 1850 by Frederick Grinnell, was one of the world's largest suppliers in the energy sector for pipes, valves, fittings, hangers, control instruments, sprinkler systems, etc. and, in 1974 employed a staff of over 10,000 in more than 40 production facilities and 120 sales points worldwide.


Oct. 1990

The ITT corporation sold ITT Grinnell GmbH in Neunkirchen together with personnel and know-how to the newly founded "PSS Group“. The previous company was renamed "PSS Pipe Support Systems GmbH“.

The familiar GRINNELL products and figure numbers remained identical except of the new brand name PSS.


June 2000

Company moved from city section Neunkirchen-Wellesweiler into the company buildings of the previous ECKER Maschinenbau GmbH in the center of the city of Neunkirchen. Due its high quantity of exports the word "International" was added to the company name after sale to the ECKER group.

In the important sector of corrosion and surface protection of piping supports PSS GmbH International cooperates with the experienced and high-performance partner "ECKER Metalltechnik GmbH“ in Saarlouis-Fraulautern. (www.ecker-metalltechnik.de)

Synergic effects in the engineering sector of the company have provided reinforcement and drive for continued development of the PSS products.